After the bleeding corpus luteum cyst incident, I met up with the earlier gynae. She said she would recommend that I go straight to IVF, but because she's at a private hospital, would be better for me to go to a government hospital so that I could have the co-funding.
Decided on NUH since they would have my records. And specifically Prof PC Wong.
At that point of time, I knew I'll be on study leave in 2015. Thought it'll be a good time for me to go for treatments as it would not be disruptive to my work.
However, after meeting prof, he said he wanted to see how I respond to IUI first before going onto IVF. More on that later.
But after going to prof and reading up on what the others mention on SMH forum, I realised the protocols that hospitals have are definitely more structured that what the private gynae I went to had.
If anyone were to ask me if they should go to a hospital or a private gynae for infertility treatment, I would say hospital definitely. I wasted over a year with the private gynae, and there were still details which she missed about me.
After going through the procedures in NUH, I would question my previous gynae:
- why did she not monitor me when I was on clomid to see if I'd actually reacted to the medicine?
- why did she assume that I was insulin resistant and put me on metformin for more than a year?
- why did she not monitor me when I was on puregon?
- why were there no blood tests done?
On CD 2 blood test, my FSH was 8.6 IU/L and LH 8.8 IU/L (ratio almost 1:1). AMH 33.7 pmol/L. Progesterone 2.2 nmol/L.
No comments:
Post a Comment