Upon hearing my history, the gynae said she would do a scan. I thought it was going to be another pelvic US, but it turned out to be a transvaginal scan. The moment she inserted the probe and saw my ovaries, she said "textbook images". She asked me to take a look at the clusters of follicles at the ovaries. This scan was done on CD12.
Did HSG and results were normal, both fallopian tubes are patent.
DH did a SA, and results were "excellent".
In retrospect, gynae didn't ask me to take any blood test.
She prescribed me metformin - which I later found out I wasn't insulin resistant through a blood test. So I was told to stop metformin after taking it for more than a year.
She also asked me to lose some weight. Was 56.4kg during my first visit to her. I lost my first 4kg within the next 3 months, and have maintained the weight loss and currently 49kg. I used to dance when I was younger, until my knee got into such a bad shape I couldn't walk properly, so I stopped exercising completely for a few years. So this was a wake up call to get myself back into a healthy state, am quite thankful that I'm back to having a proper exercise regime with good diets.
No comments:
Post a Comment